Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Important Information to have on you always… and WHERE to keep it!

At least one person in your family ought to be able to access this information immediately if and when needed.  And of course, it’s usually the Mom!  Let’s list what you should have on you for each member of your family:

Doctor's name and telephone including Dentist
Driver’s license number
Social Security Numbers for all
Medical Insurance info
Any prescription info (meds or eyeglass prescription)
Auto Insurance information with contact info
School contact information (if applies)
Work phone numbers for all

By now you must be saying “Where would I keep all that and why would I have it where others could possibly get it?!”

Well, I keep it all in my planner.  This information is in the back on my A-Z pages.  Each is listed in accordance to relevance.  “D” for Doctor etc.    Why have it on me? 

When I’m at the Dentist or Doctor, I have all my info with me.
I can make appointments at the time of any visit, even a year in advance.
I don’t have to c/b places to give additional information.
I am ready if a crisis would occur and I couldn’t get home…
I AM JUST ALWAYS READY.

I code information in my planner, Social Security Numbers look like phone numbers with extensions.  All private information is in there but not decipherable to anyone but me. Get creative.

It’s all about being ready and not wasting time.  Knowing you have all you need, and how to locate it is a big stress reliever.  I hate the frustration of looking for information, don’t you?!

No comments:

Post a Comment