Monday, February 14, 2011

Habitude?!

So really, just what is a habitude and what is yours?    Well, my habitude it’s one of the things that people remember about me, my passion, my energy… my attitude.   I think people wonder if I’m “really like this”, even at home.  The answer is yes, because I can't even stop it now.  That is why I call it my Habitude; my attitude comes from my habits… ergo Habitude.   In the beginning it was more purposeful and took more work.   However, like anything else we practice, we get better at it.   

No purpose.  There were so many things I would do without a purpose, without thinking, things that had become just automatic, bad habits. Just putting the mail down anywhere, letting kids watch whatever wanted on TV.  Or not eating anything green, not drinking any water, not taking my make-up off at night, or even smoking!  

But when I stopped to think about some of these things years ago, I intentionally changed my habits, my life.   I made a mail station, I put guidelines in place for the television.  I choked down vegetables, I got a water bottle and used it.  I simply started a new routine with my make up and I made a decision to stop smoking.      None of those things were automatic at first.  In fact, some were very difficult, but there isn't one of those that isn't out of habit now, they take no thought, I just do it (or don't do it!)

That sums up my habitude.  The habit of doing things on purpose; things I think, say and do.  Certainly not perfect, but much better! We absolutely have the ability to control all of these things, it says so in the Bible, so I Act as if.

You have a habitude too, what habits are you doing to create your attitude?   Are you telling yourself that you are created in the Almighty’s image and are loved so much that a life was given for you?  Are you in the habit of speaking and acting like an Ambassador of the Lord?   Or do we think we aren’t good enough, do we dwell in the land of compare.      I CHOOSE my attitude just like everyone else CHOOSES theirs.   And quite frankly, those questions are what got me to quit smoking.  When I realized this, smoking just didn't "fit" anymore.  That was many years ago.

Don’t forget you have a “habitude” as well, so what is your attitude by habit?   And even better, what do you want it to be?  Because it can be that.  I'm here to help if you want someone to hold you accountable.  Believe me, it helps!   More at A1organizing

No comments:

Post a Comment